I was playing some S IV with a Spanish friend today, and we had to go into the game’s files and tweak a little to get the game to work properly… He tweaked his own files, I minded my own business… But then I found a Language parameter.
This parameter, which I had never noticed before, was set to Zero. I didn’t think it changed much, if at all, and that at most it would crash the Game. It didn’t.
I began with number 1 (maybe it was a binary value)… And, to my surprise, it changed the game to German! This made me curious, and I tried number 2… C’était français!
Here’s what I found out:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
The MiscData1.cfg file, which can be found in the game’s /Config Folder.
Open the file with a text editor and change the Language Setting. If you’re looking for a specific language, here’s a quick list I made. Let me know if there’s any mistake:
7 English(with alternate, Asian font)
…and after number 14, it defaults to English.
Let me know if it works on all versions, or if you found it useful.
Thanks for reading, and have fun playing!